Cracked Wheat and Vegetable Pilaf
- 1 cup Cracked Wheat (Bulghur)
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 4 pcs Shallots Chopped
- 1 pc Medium Carrot Diced
- 425 g Can Diced Tomatoes
- 270 g Can Corn Kernels Drained
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Lite Salt
- Place cracked wheat into a bowl, pour over boiling water. Stand for 1 hour, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add remaining ingredients to cracked wheat and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish. Bake in a moderate oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve as an accompaniment to a main meal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!