Hearty Shepherd's Pie
An old favourite!
- 4 pcs Medium Potatoes (Royal Blue or Ruby Lou) Unpeeled and quartered
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Skim Milk
- 1 Pinch of Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Coat of Olive Oil Spray
- 1 pc Brown Onion Finely chopped
- 1/2 pc Carrot Peeled and grated
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 400 g Lean Lamb Mince
- 1 pc Beef Stock Cube
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Gravy Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes in a large bowl with butter, milk and seasoning.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray. Cook onion, carrot and mixed herbs, stirring until onion softens. Add minced lamb and cook, stirring until browned.
- Crumble the stock cube into the water, stir in the gravy powder thoroughly and add to the mince mixture. Stir until mixture thickens.
- Place in an ovenproof dish. Top with mashed potato mixture. Bake uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes until pie is heated through and the potato crust is golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!