Hearty Vegetable Soup with Soy Toast
- 1 Coating of Olive Oil Spray
- 1 pc Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1 pc Stick of Celery Chopped
- 1 pc Medium Carrot Chopped
- 1 can 410g Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste No added salt
- 1 cup Canned Red Kidney Beans Drained
- 2 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock Salt-reduced
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup Small Pasta Spirals
- 1/3 cup Pearl Barley
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco Sauce Optional
- 4 pcs Sliced Soy and Linseed Bread Toasted
- Spray a large, non-stick pan with olive oil. Add onion and garlic and stir over medium heat for about two minutes or until onion is soft but not browned. Add celery, carrot, tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, stock, Worchestershire sauce, pasta, barley, basil and tabasco sauce.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes until barley is soft. Serve with soy toast.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!