Roasted Capsicum and Green Bean Salad
- 3 Capsicums red or yellow
- 6 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 240 g Fresh green beans topped and tailed
- 2 Tbsp bunch baby bok choy
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 1 Olive Oil spray
- Slice the capsicum in half and take out the seeds. Place the capsicum on a tray, skin side up, and grill until the skin is black and blistered.
- When the capsicum is done, remove into a bowl and cover with cling wrap to cool. Peel off the skins and slice the flesh into strips.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, and place on a tray that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. Sprinkle the tomato with oregano, and season with the salt and pepper. Spray tomatoes with olive oil cooking spray and then roast on a medium heat for about 25 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and slightly shrunk.
- Blanch the beans in boiling water for about 3 minutes and remove into a dish. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process and to set the green colour.
- Slice the red onion thinly and add to a bowl along with the beans, roasted tomato and capsicum strips. Make sure you include the juices from the tomato tray as this forms the dressing. Add balsamic vinegar, and adjust to suit your tastes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!