Baked Mullet with Mushroom and Herb Stuffing
Try this catch of the day! Mullet fillets with mushroom and herb stuffing. How about this for dinner?
- 4 pcs Mullet Fillets
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 pc Onion Finely chopped
- 2 pcs Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Oregano or Marjoram Leaves Chopped
- 1 Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Heat oil. Cook onion and garlic until transparent. Add mushrooms, oregano or marjoram and pepper. Stir until mushrooms soften slightly.
- Cut two 30cm square pieces of foil or baking paper and lay one of the fillets in the centre of each piece. If using foil, grease lightly.
- Arrange half the filling mixture on top of each fillet. Top with remaining fillet. If using whole fish, place the filling mixture into the cavity of the fish. Top with extra herbs if desired.
- Roll the foil over the fish like a parcel. Place on a baking tray with edges of foil downwards. Bake in a 190°C oven for 20 - 30 minutes. Serve with oven-baked chunky chips or jacket-cooked potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!