- 1 pc Large Lamb Shrank Meaty beef bone or chicken carcass
- 1 pc Medium Onion Coarsely chopped
- 1 pc Medium Carrot Coarsely chopped
- 225 g Celery Coarsely chopped (3 stalks)
- 1 pc Bay Leaf
- 5 pcs Peppercorns
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Fresh Oregano
- 1 tsp Tarragon
- 2 tsp Fresh Sweet Basil
- 2 tsp Fresh Coriander
- 2 Tbsp Parsley Finely chopped
- 2 L Water
- Place all ingredients together in a large pot and bring to the boil. Simmer over low heat for 2 hours.
- Allow to cool slightly then remove all bones and fat.
- Strain stock and discard vegetables and seasoning.
- Measure and return level to 4 cups if reduced to less. Chill, then remove any remaining fat before using.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!