Calypso® Mango and Prawn Kebabs with Sweet Chilli Avocado Dip
These tasty kebabs would make an impressive light lunch.
- 500 g Raw Medium Green Prawns Peeled and deveined
- 3 pcs Medium Calypso Mangoes Cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce (for marinade)
- 1 Tbsp Salt-reduced Soy Sauce (for marinade)
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice (for marinade)
- 1 Tbsp Soft Brown Sugar (for marinade)
- 300 g Mashed Avocado (for dip)
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce (for dip)
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice (for dip)
- 1 pc Red Chilli de-seeded and finely chopped (for dip)
- 16 g Coriander Leaves Finely chopped
- 1 Pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 cup Baby Salad Leaves
- 12 Wooden Skewers
- 1 coating of olive oil spray
- Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. This will prevent the skewers from burning on the barbecue.
- Place all of the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Toss the prawns in the marinade and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Once marinated, thread alternate prawns & mango cubes onto the skewers; this will make approximately 12 skewers.
- Pre-heat a barbecue or grill pan and spray lightly with olive oil. Cook the kebabs on the hot grill for 2 minutes on each side or until the prawns are cooked through.
- To make the dip: Mix the mashed avocado, sweet chilli sauce, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and the chilli together and season with cracked pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- At the last minute, mix half of the fresh coriander through the prepared dip.
- Serve the prawn & Calypso® skewers on a layer of fresh baby salad leaves, topped with remaining fresh coriander and a large dollop of dip on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!