This fabulous Greek recipe is delicious as a meal on its own, or in smaller serves as an accompaniment to other dishes.
- 1 pc onion Finely chopped
- 2 pcs cloves garlic Crushed
- 2 cups Cooked Red Kidney Beans
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 4 pcs Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Basil
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 pc Eggplant Sliced
- 2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Low-fat Milk
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Fat-reduced Cheese
- 1/2 cup Dry Breadcrumbs
- Place onion and garlic in a saucepan with red wine. Cook until just soft, about 2 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, basil, pepper and nutmeg. Cover. Cook for about 10 minutes. Remove lid. Cook a further 10 minutes or until liquid has reduced.
- Microwave or steam eggplant slices until tender. Place slices on the base of a lightly oiled baking dish. Combine ricotta and milk. Beat until smooth and well combined. Cover eggplant with bean mixture. Spread ricotta mixture over the top. Sprinkle with grated cheeses and breadcrumbs. Bake at 200ºC for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!