Chicken Cacciatore Casserole
A rich and satisfying casserole.
- 750 g Chicken Thighs Skin removed
- 1 pc Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 pc Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 875 g Can Salt-reduced Peeled Tomatoes
- 2 pcs Potatoes Peeled and diced
- 1 pc Carrot Sliced
- 300 g Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/2 cup Red Lentils
- 1 cup Low-fat Yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- In a large non-stick saucepan brown the chicken on both sides. Add the onion, garlic and wine and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, potato, carrot, mushrooms and lentils. Simmer covered for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and lentils are tender.
- Combine yoghurt, cornflour and parsley and add to the pan. Reheat without boiling.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!