Crispy Polenta and Mushrooms
An amazing Mediterranean assortment of delicious delights to truly excite your tastebuds! Mushrooms, olives, polenta and more! Inspire your soul try it out today!
- 3/4 cup Polenta Instant
- 750 mL Liquid Chicken Stock Salt-reduced
- 250 mL Water
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 125 mL Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Light Coats of Olive Oil Spray
- 600 g Field Mushrooms Sliced
- 4 pcs Garlic Cloves
- 80 g Kalamata Olives Pitted, drained
- 100 g Semi-dried Tomatoes Drained, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Parsley Chopped
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Line the base and sides of a 4cm-deep, 16cm x 26cm (base) slab pan with baking paper.
- Bring the stock and water to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour in the polenta, in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Stir in the parmesan.
- Spread the hot polenta into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cut polenta into triangles. Lightly spray with oil. Cook, in batches, for 34 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Lightly spray a large frying pan with olive oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Add the olives and tomatoes. Cook for 23 minutes or until warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the parsley. Place polenta on plates. Top with mushroom mixture. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!