Eastern Potato and Lentil Bake
A classic spicy potato and lentil bake.
- 1 cup Red Lentils
- 15 mL Olive Oil
- 1 pc Onion Chopped
- 2 pcs Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Stick Celery Chopped
- 2 cups Chopped Pumpkin
- 4 pcs Delaware Potatoes Peeled, diced and cooked
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 cup Extra Light Sour Cream
- 60 g Low-fat Grated Cheese
- Place red lentils in a saucepan. Add enough water to cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover. Cook for about 15 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain.
- In another saucepan, heat oil. Add onion, garlic and spices. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until onions are soft. Add celery and pumpkin. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Add cooked potato, lentils, soy sauce, pepper and sour cream. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer potato mixture into a shallow casserole dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake at 200°C for about 15 minutes or until cheese is golden. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!