This is a hearty meal by itself or a great vegetable accompaniment for meat. It can be prepared a day ahead.
- 1 pc Large Eggplant Sliced in 1 cm pieces
- 2 Tbsp Milk Low-fat
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 100 g Mushrooms Sliced
- 3 pcs Medium Tomatoes Sliced
- 4 pcs Gourmet Potatoes Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 2 pcs Zucchini Grated
- 1 pc Butter Melted
- 1 Olive Oil Spray
- Place eggplant in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Dip one side of the eggplant in milk then combined flour and sesame seeds. Slighly spray an eggplant with oil. Cook under the grill for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Place half the eggplant in a shallow ovenproof dish. Top with mushrooms, tomatoes and potatoes. Sprinkle with basil.
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a small bowl. Sprinkle half the mixture over potatoes. Top with zucchini and spring onions. Cover with remaining eggplant and top with remaining breadcrumb mixture. Drizzle with butter. Bake in moderate oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!