Low-fat Sticky Date Pudding
- 1 1/4 cup Water Boiling
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 Tbsp Apple Puree
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 1 cup Self-raising Flour Sifted
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Light Evaporated Milk
- 3 Tbsp Margarine, Flora Light
- 3 tsp Cornflour
- 200 g Dates Pitted and chopped
- 2 pcs Eggs (48g)
- Pudding: Preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Place the dates and the boiling water in a saucepan and simmer for a couple of minutes until the dates have softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes and then puree with a blender.
- Cream the apple puree, 1 Tbsp margarine and Splenda. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Fold in the sifted flour followed by the date mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a lined muffin tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sauce: While the muffins are cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Put the light evaporated milk, brown sugar and remaining margarine into a saucepan. Stir over a low heat until everything is combined, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer.
- Dissolve 1 tsp of cornflour at a time in a few drops of water and add to the mixture with a whisk. Keep adding cornflour until you reach the desired thickness.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!