Mushroom and Cashew Nut Stir-fry
For a high fibre vegetarian dish, try this delicious stir-fry featuring roasted cashew nuts.
- 400 g Button Mushrooms Trimmed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 pcs Spring Onions Cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 pc red capsicum Cut into thin strips
- 50 g Roasted Unsalted cashews nuts
- 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce (for marinade)
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce with Ginger (for marinade)
- 1 Tbsp Kecap Manis (Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce) (for marinade)
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar (for marinade)
- 2 pcs cloves garlic Crushed (for marinade)
- 4 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- To make the marinade, combine all ingredients together in a ceramic bowl. Add mushrooms, stir to coat. Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- Heat wok over high heat until very hot. Add 3 tsp oil and swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until glossy and almost tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tsp oil to wok. Add spring onions and capsicum. Stir-fry 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cashews and stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with brown rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!