Seared Scallop Salad with Macadamia and Coriander Pesto
These fancy appetizers are sure to impress your guests - and they're easy to make!
- 12 Large Scallops (30g each)
- 1/4 cup Dry Roasted, Unsalted Macadamias Chopped (for pesto)
- 1 pc Bird's Eye Chilli Deseeded and chopped (for pesto)
- 2 tsp Grated Ginger (for pesto)
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves Firmly packed (for pesto)
- 3/4 cup Coriander Leaves and Stems Firmly packed (for pesto))
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar (for pesto)
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce (for pesto)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (for pesto)
- 1 pc Medium Lebanese Cucumber Thinly sliced
- 1 cup Bean Sprout Shoots Trimmed
- 1 pc Small Red Capsicum Deseeded and cut into strips
- 3 Spring Onions Trimmed and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 coating of olive oil spray
- 1 Tbsp Dry Roasted, Unsalted Macadamias Chopped (to serve)
- 6 Foil Patty Pans
- To make Pesto: Place 1/4 cup macadamias, chilli, ginger, mint and coriander in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and oil and process until well combined. Season to taste. Set aside.
- Rinse scallops then cut flesh from shell (if bought scallops in shell). Set flesh aside.
- To make the Salad: Combine cucumber, bean sprouts, capsicum and spring onions in a large bowl and toss lightly to combine. Place some salad in the bottom of each foil patty pan.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan on high heat. Spray with olive oil. Add scallop flesh and cook for 1 minute each side, or until golden and opaque.
- Place two cooked scallops on top of each salad-filled patty pan. Drizzle with Macadamia & Coriander Pesto and sprinkle with remaining macadamias. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!