Mushroom and cashew pilaf
Pair this with lean grilled meat or fish for a quick and delicious dinner.
- 1 1/2 cup Long Grain Rice
- 1 cup Salted Cashews
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 pcs Spring Onions Thinly sliced
- 300 g Button Mushrooms Thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Currants
- 1 pc Lemon Rind finely grated and juiced
- 100 g Reduced Fat Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1/2 cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Pinch Salt and Water or to taste
- Cook rice following the absorption method on the packet.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cashews and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until golden. Remove and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Add oil, green onions and mushrooms to pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Add currants, lemon rind and juice and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add rice, cashews and feta to pan and toss gently over low heat until well combined. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature with barbecued lamb or seafood.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!