Mushroom and Fish Laksa
This light version of an Asian favourite will be sure to please your taste buds.
- 200 g Dried Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Oil
- 400 g Swiss Brown Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/2 cup Laksa Paste
- 400 mL Can of 98.5% Fat-free Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk
- 2 cup Fish or Chicken Stock
- 300 g White Fish Fillets Skinned and cubed
- 100 g Snow Peas Diagonally sliced
- 75 g Bean Sprouts Trimmed
- 4 pcs Green Shallots Sliced
- 1 pc Lime Juiced
- Place noodles into a large bowl and cover with warm water. Stand for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large saucepan or wok over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often for 4 minutes or until tender. Add laksa paste and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Stir in coconut-flavoured milk and stock. Bring mixture to the boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fish to the soup and cook for 3 minutes. Add snow peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Place noodles, bean sprouts and shallots into serving bowls. Ladle over soup mixture. Drizzle with lime juice and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!