Persimmon Thai Beef Salad
A beef salad with a delicious difference!
- 250 g Fillet Steak Trimmed
- 1 pc Persimmon Peeled and julienned
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1 cup Mint Leaves
- 1/2 cup (Thai) Basil Leaves
- 2 pcs Shallots Finely sliced
- 1 pc Long Red Chilli Seeded and shredded
- 1 pc clove garlic Crushed (for dressing)
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar (for dressing)
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice (for dressing)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Fish Sauce (for dressing)
- Lightly spray beef with a little cooking spray and barbecue, pan fry or grill until cooked to your liking (2-3 minutes each side will be medium). Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly.
- In a large bowl gently toss all salad ingredients.
- To make the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients (garlic, caster sugar, lime juice and fish sauce) in a screw top jar and shake until the sugar has dissolved.
- Combine beef with salad, drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!