Piquant Lemon Whiting
- 8 pcs Whiting Fillets (60g each)
- 1 pc Small Onion Finely sliced
- 1 pc Lemon (Rind only, finely grated)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 pc Small Bayleaf
- 1 tsp 'Lite' Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Arrange four fillets, skin side down, in the base of a deep-sided baking tray or large frypan. Scatter lemon rind and onion over fish.
- Place remaining fillets, skin side up, over bottom layer to resemble four whole whiting. Add lemon juice, water and bayleaf. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil.
- Place over a gentle heat. Simmer for 5 minutes or until fish is just tender. Using a slotted spoon, carefully arrange fish on a serving platter. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Serve with salad and crusty bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!