Pumpkin Spiced Rice
- 570 g Pumpkin
- 1 pc Medium Onion
- 2 pcs Cloves of Garlic Crushed
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 cup Rice Uncooked
- 2 Tbsp Currants
- 1/4 cup Almonds Toasted
- 1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Stock
- Cut pumpkin into 1" chunks and cook until just tender.
- Boil, steam or microwave rice. Heat a heavy-based saucepan and cook onion and garlic in chicken stock until soft.
- Add cooked pumpkin and curry powder to saucepan. Blend in cooked rice, currants and toasted almonds. Cook, stirring gently until rice is hot and ingredients are well combined.
- Just before serving, stir through the torn spinach leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!