Roasted Vegetable and Chickpea Couscous Salad
This flavoursome salad combines couscous with sweet potato, eggplant, onion, capsicum and mushrooms.
- 450 g Sweet Potato Peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 pc Eggplant Cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 pc Red Capsicum Halved and chopped
- 1 pc Red Onion Cut into thin wedges
- 400 g Cup Mushrooms Thickly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 300 g Can Chickpeas Drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup Couscous
- 1 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock Reduced-salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Flat Leaf Parsley Finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place sweet potato, eggplant, capsicum, onion and mushrooms in a large roasting pan. Drizzle over the oil, season with salt and pepper, turn to coat vegetables in oil. Roast for 15 minutes. Add chickpeas to roasting pan and turn vegetables. Roast for a further 10 minutes or until chickpeas are warmed through and vegetables tender.
- Meanwhile, place couscous into a large heatproof bowl. Place stock in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Pour stock over couscous. Cover and set aside for 3 minutes or until stock is absorbed. Add butter. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Add roasted vegetables and parsley to couscous. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!