Seared Scallops, Carrot Fritters and a Yoghurt Dressing
A fabulous meal to share with family and friends from Bill Granger's cookbook, Bills Open Kitchen.
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Soda WAter
- 1 pc Egg Lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Ground Corainder
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 pc Small Red Chilli Seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Grated Carrot
- 8 Spring Onions Finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Coriander
- 12 Medium-sized Scallops Intestinal tract removed
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup Plain Low-fat Yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil extra
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper or to taste
- To make the fritters, preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Place the flour, soda water, egg, cumin, coriander, tumeric and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add the chilli, carrot, spring onionn and coriander and stirl to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium to high heat and spray with cooking spray. Cooking in batches, add two tablespoons of fritter batter to the pan and cook for two minutes each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Cook the remaining batter, re-spraying the pan if necessary. Place the fritters on an ovenproof plate lined with paper towles and keep warm in the oven while you cook the scallops.
- Place the scallops in a bowl, add the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cook the scallops in a non-stick pan over medium to high heat and cook the scallops for one minute each side.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the yoghurt, lime juice, sea salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place three carrot fritters on a plate, to with the watercress and scallops and drizzle with the dressing to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!