Stir-fry Sesame Strips
Julienned vegetables in a sweet sauce topped with sesame seeds.
- 412 g Can Sanitarium Tender Pieces
- 1 cup Tomato Purée
- 1/4 cup Plum Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce Salt reduced
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 pc Red Capsicum Cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 pc Green Capsicum Cut into Julienne strips
- 1 pc Medium Carrot Cut into Julienne strips
- 1 pc Medium Zucchini Cut into Julienne strips
- 1 Stick Celery Cut into Julienne strips
- 1 cup Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds Toasted
- Cut Tender Pieces into thin slices, reserving gravy.
- Place Tender Pieces, gravy, tomato purée, plum sauce and soya sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Add oil to wok or frypan and stir-fry capsicum, carrot, zucchini and celery for 1-2 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and heat through.
- Place stir-fried vegetables on a serving platter and arrange Tender Pieces mixture in the centre.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with boiled rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!