Warm Broccoli Mushroom Salad
Broccoli and mushroom coated with crispy bits of bacon.
- 4 cups Broccoli Florets Fresh or frozen (480g)
- 3 Rashers of Bacon Cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 1/2 cup Fresh Mushrooms Sliced (300g)
- In a medium saucepan bring 2.5cm water to the boil. Add broccoli; return water to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer covered until crisp-tender (approx 3 minutes); set aside.
- In a large non-stick frypan, cook bacon over medium-high heat until nearly crisp (about 4 minutes). Add onion, stirring frequently, until the onion is crisp tender and the bacon is crisp (approx 4 minutes).
- Stir in vinegar and cook until vinegar is reduced by half, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, salt and broccoli; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately while warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!