Tender layers of vegetables and lentils with a rich topping.
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 pc Onion Chopped
- 1 pc Clove Garlic Crushed
- 4 pcs Sticks Celery Sliced
- 425 g Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup Sanitarium Brown Lentils
- 2 Tbsp Reduced-salt Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 cups Water Extra
- 2 pcs Eggs Lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup Low-fat Yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp Basil Extra
- 1/4 cup Low-fat Cheese Grated
- 1 pc Large Zucchini Sliced
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat oil in a large frypan. Fry zucchini until brown on both sides. Set aside.
- Place water in large frypan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Topping: Mix together eggs, yoghurt and extra basil in a small bowl.
- To assemble, cover the base of a shallow casserole dish with half the lentil mixture. Cover with half the zucchini. Repeat, finishing with zucchini. Pour over topping. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 30-40 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and herb bread, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!