Avocado and Chickpea Salad with Marinated Red Mullet Fillets
Marinated fish fillets served over creamy avocado salad with a tangy lemon dressing.
- 2 pcs 400g Can Chickpeas Drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 pc Avocado Cut into large cubes
- 1 Bunch Watercress Washed and picked
- 2 pcs Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Seeded Mustard
- 1 pc Lemon Juiced and rind finely grated
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 pcs Small Red Mullet Fillets
- 1 Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger (for marinade)
- 2 pcs Ripe Tomatoes (for marinade)
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (for marinade)
- 1 Coating of Olive Oil Spray
- To make the marinade place the ginger, tomatoes and cayenne in a blender and process for 30 - 60 seconds. Pour over the fish to marinate for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, avocado, watercress, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, rind and olive oil in a mixing bowl and toss to combine. Season to taste.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray. Panfry the red mullet fillets over high heat, skin side first. Serve immediately with the avocado and chickpea salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!