Barbecued Chilli Calypso® Cheeks
- 2 pcs Calypso Mangoes
- 3 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Finely diced
- Mix the honey, orange juice and chilli until well combined and then pour into a wide, but shallow, glass dish.
- Preheat a ridged grill to a high heat.
- Slice the large cheeks from each Calypso® mango. Score each portion deeply into the flesh in a cross-hatch pattern, cutting down, but not through, the skin.
- Place each cheek flesh-side down into the marinade.
- Place the cheeks flesh-side down on the grill for 3-4 minutes, until the marinade caramelises.
- Turn each cheek inside out(pushing from the skin side), and place flesh-side up on a serving plate, one half per person.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!