Barbecued Salmon with Potato and Onion Salad
Perfect for a summery, alfresco dinner!
- 8 pcs Large Onions Sliced
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 50 mL Olive Oil
- 30 mL Balsamic Vinegar
- 350 g Gourmet Potatoes Boiled
- 4 pcs Medallions of Salmon Fillet (100g eac)
- 1 Handful Curly Endive or Lettuce Leaves per Person
- 1 Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place onions into a pan with water and allow to cook very slowly for about an hour until the natural sugar from the onions start to caramelise and brown, stirring occasionally. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and shake well. Slice the warm potatoes and sprinkle liberally with the vinaigrette, mix with the onions and keep just warm.
- Cook the salmon fillets on a very hot barbecue grill or plate for 3 - 4 minutes each side (time may vary depending upon thickness of the fillet). Spoon some potato and onion onto the centre of a plate, sit some dressed endive on the potato and place the salmon fillet on top. Spoon some of the vinaigrette over and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!