Chicken and Mushroom Caesar Salad
This excellent chicken and mushroom Caesar salad is bursting with different flavours, making it unforgettable.
- 400 g Cup Mushrooms Thickly sliced
- 20 mL olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pc Turkish Bread Split
- 2 Lean Rashers Bacon Chopped
- 250 g Baked Chicken Breast No skin
- 1 cos Lettuce Washed and dried
- 3 pcs Hard Boiled Eggs Peeled and quartered
- 1/3 cup Fat-free Caesar Salad Dressing
- Place the mushrooms in a ceramic bowl. Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper in a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine. Pour over mushrooms. Mix well. Cover and stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Spray both sides of Turkish bread with oil. Cut into 1 ½ cm cubes and place onto a baking tray. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden and toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook for 4 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Tear lettuce leaves and place into a large bowl. Add chicken, mushrooms, bacon, bread croutons and eggs. Toss gently. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!