Potato and Chick Pea Curry
Its fragrance makes this casserole very appetising.
- 3 pcs Garlic Cloves Finely chopped
- 1 pc onion Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 pcs Red Chillies Finely chopped
- 6 pcs Large Potatoes (1kg approx.)
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock*
- 425 g Chick Peas (tinned), well drained
- 1 Tbsp Garam Marsala
- 30 g Reduced Fat Margarine (extra)
- 60 g Reduced Fat Margarine
- Heat margarine in large pan; add onion and garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in fennel seeds and chilli, cook on a medium heat 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut each potato into 6 wedges, cut wedges in half.
- Add potatoes and stock to pan; stir to combine. Cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes.
- Uncover; and cook 10 minutes longer until potatoes are cooked and liquid is reduced. Add chick peas, stir to combine; cook 1 minute.
- Heat extra margarine in a small pan, add garam masala, cook over a medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds; pour over potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!