Chicken Soup with Rice Dumplings
- 1 L Strong Chicken Stock or Consomme
- 3 cups Water
- 1 pc Carrot Cut into very fine julienne strips
- 1/2 cup Cooked Sunrise Wild Blend
- 1 cup Self-raising Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup Water extra
- Place chicken stock, 3 cups water and carrot in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- In a bowl, combine rice, flour, baking powder, pepper and sufficient water to form a stiff dough.
- Drop small teaspoons of rice dough into the soup in batches. Cover and steam for 10 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!