Chickpeas, Vegetables and Couscous
Delicious combination for lunch or dinner.
- 2 cup Couscous
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 pcs Cloves Garlic Finely sliced
- 1 pc Onion Cut into rings
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 3 cups Finely Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 pc Red Capsicum Deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 pcs Zucchini Cut into thin strips
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 Can (440g) Chickpeas Drained
- 1/2 cup Low-fat Natural Yoghurt
- Prepare couscous according to directions on the packet.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Saute garlic, onion, turmeric and cumin for 2 - 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, capsicum, zucchini and stock. Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add chickpeas. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Add yoghurt. Heat gently.
- Divide couscous onto individual serving plates. Top with chickpea and vegetable mixture. Serve with extra low-fat yoghurt or light sour cream, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!