Easy Ratatouille Sauce for Pasta
Ratatouille is a southern French dish made from eggplant, zucchini, onions, capsicum, tomatoes, and garlic.
- 4 pcs Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pc clove garlic Crushed
- 1 pc onion Sliced
- 1 pc Large Zucchini Sliced
- 1 pc Green Capsicum Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil Chopped
- 1 pc Small Eggplant Chopped
- Halve tomatoes and place cut side down on a plate to allow liquid to drain. Place on a baking-paper lined tray in a slow oven for an hour.
- Brush the base of a pan with olive oil. Cook garlic and onion until soft. Add tomatoes, zucchini, capsicum, tomato paste, basil and eggplant.
- Cook over low heat for approximately 20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with spaghetti or with meat as the vegetable accompaniment.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!