This simple entree will please any palate.
- 2 pcs Medium Eggplants
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 pcs Shallots
- 1 pc Tomato
- 2 cups Cooked Wild Blend Rice
- 1 pc Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 cup Tomato Juice
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- Pre-cook rice; set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut eggplants into halves lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh, leaving a 2.5cm shell, and dice. Sprinkle salt over the shells and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan. Cook diced eggplant flesh, shallots, garlic and tomato until eggplant is just tender. Stir in rice and oregano. Season to taste.
- Drain any liquid from eggplant shells. Pat dry with paper towel, and brush the outside of the shell with the remaining oil. Spoon rice mixture evenly into cavities. Arrange in a shallow ovenproof dish. Pour over tomato juice. Bake in a moderate oven for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!