Ginger Spice Biscotti
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1 cup Wholemeal Plan Flour
- 4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp All Spice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 pcs Large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries Chopped dried pineapple or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 190ºC. Spray large baking tray with canola oil spray and set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix first 7 ingredients and set aside. Using electric mixer or food processor, combine eggs with oil and applesauce for 10 seconds. Add sugar and blend for 30 more seconds. Add half of dry mixture and process until smooth. Add remaining dry mixture and process until a soft and sticky dough forms. Transfer dough to a large bowl; fold in dried fruit. Divide dough in half and place on either end of baking tray.
- With damp hands, form each piece of dough into a log 3 inches wide and about 3/4-inch high. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Logs will spread during baking. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes. With serrated knife, slice each log into 1/2-ich biscuits, cutting on a diagonal. Bake 10 minutes.
- Turn each biscuit over and bake 10 more minutes. Turn oven off and leave biscotti in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Store at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!