A spicy mushroom version of a traditional Asian favourite.
- 259 g Dried Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 1 Spray of Oi Spray
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Oil
- 500 g Button Mushrooms Trimmed
- 1/3 cup Laksa Paste
- 4 cups (1 Litre) Salt-reduced Chicken Stock
- 3 tsp Grated Palm Sugar Trimmed
- 2 cups 98.5% Fat-free Coconut-flavoured Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup Bean Sprouts Trimmed
- 1/2 cup Small Mint Leaves
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
- Place noodles into a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 3 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Lightly coat wok with oil spray. Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 3 minutes until light golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add peanut oil and laksa paste and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant and oil separates from paste.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Return the mushrooms to the wok. Add palm sugar and coconut-flavoured milk, cook stirring until hot (do not boil).
- Divide noodles between serving bowls. Ladle over soup. Top with bean sprouts, mint and coriander and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!