Nutty Soya Burgers
Burgers with a special nutty flavour.
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 pc Medium Onion Chopped
- 415 g Can Sanitarium Soy Beans in Tomato Sauce Drained
- 2 Tbsp Sanitarium Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Cooked Cold Short-grain Brown Rice
- 3/4 cup Dry Breaadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil Leaves
- 1/22 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 cup Dry Breadcrumbs extra
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- Place egg and onion in a food processor or blender. Lightly process.
- Add Soya Beans in Tomato Sauce and continue processing until slightly chopped.
- Place mixture into a large bowl. Add peanut butter, tomato paste, cold rice, dry breadcrumbs, salt, basil and mixed herbs. Mix well.
- Divide mixture into 12 equal portions. Shape mixture into burgers and coat with extra breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Cook burgers over a low heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve in rolls with salad and sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!