Orange Pancake With Apple Syrup
- 1 cup White Self-raising Flour
- 1/2 cup Wholemeal Self-raising Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pc Egg
- 3/4 cup Sanitarium So Good Soy Milk
- 1/2 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Orange Rind
- 1 tsp Margarine
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 1 Tbsp Honey Extra
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 pc Cinnamon Stick
- 2 pcs Orange Cut into slices, peeled & pith removed
- Sift flours and cinnamon into a bowl.In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk,orange juice, honey, orange rind and margarine.
- Make a well in the centre of the flours and slowly add the orange mixture,stirring until a smooth batter has formed. Place a ¼ cup of mixture in a moderately hot non-stick frypan.Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine apple juice, extra honey, orange rind and cinnamon stick and simmer for 15 minutes, or until sauce reduces and becomes syrupy. Place oranges into sauce, but be careful as it may 'split'.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 2 minutes to allow oranges to warm.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Serve syrup over pancakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!