Pear and Pumpkin Risotto
A tasty risotto that provides a new way to use delicious pears.
- 2 pcs Medium-sized Williams or Packham Pears Quartered, cored and chopped
- 600 g Peeled Pumpkin Cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 pc Onion Finely chopped
- 2 cup Arborio Rice
- 5 cup Hot Vegetable Stock
- 3 Tbsp Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Chives to Garnish
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Spray the pumpkin with cooking spray and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- In a heavy-based saucepan, melt the butter over a gentle heat. Add the onion and cook for five minutes or until soft and golden. Add the rice and stir into the mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup of the hot stock to the rice mixture and cook over a low heat while stirring until all the stock has been absorbed. Repeat the process until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is creamy and tender.
- Gently fold in the Parmesan, cooked pumpkin and the chopped pear. Scatter with chives and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!