Tofu Potato Moussaka
This hearty, lowfat meal will satisfy any hunger.
- 350 g Diced Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce Salt reduced
- 1 pc Large Eggplant
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 pcs Medium Potatoes Peeled, par-boiled, cut into thin slices
- 1 pc Garlic Clove Crushed
- 2 tbsp Water
- 425 g Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 2 cup Sanitarium So Good Soy Drink
- 1 Pinch of Salt Extra
- 1 tsp Sanitarium Torula Yeast
- Marinate tofu in soy sauce for 30 minutes.
- Cut eggplant into 5mm slices. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 tsp salt and stand for 30 minutes. Rinse with water and dry each slice.
- Steam eggplant for 5-6 minutes or until soft. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Tomato Sauce: Heat water in frypan. Sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, mushrooms, parsley and basil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Fold through tofu and marinade.
- White Sauce: Place flour in a saucepan. Gradually add So Good stirring continuously until smooth. Stir over medium heat (or microwave on HIGH). Season with a pinch of salt and add torula yeast.
- Arrange the eggplant over the base of a 30 x 25cm lightly greased ovenproof dish. Spoon over tomato sauce and layer cooked potato over the top. Spread white sauce over the potato.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with broccoli florets and spiced carrots.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!