Persimmon and Prawn Rice Paper Rolls
- 60 g Rice Vermicelli
- 8 pcs 16cm Round Rice Paper Wrappers
- 8 pcs Medium Buttercrunch Lettuce Leaves Washed
- 8 pcs Large Cooked King Prawns Peeled, deveined and sliced in half lengthways
- 24 pcs Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 pc Small, Firm Persimmon, Julienned
- 24 pcs Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Japanese Rice Vinegar (For dipping sauce)
- 4 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce (For dipping sauce)
- 1 Tbsp Boiled or Dry-roasted, Unsalted Peanuts Roughly chopped (For dipping sauce)
- Prepare rice vermicelli as per packet instructions, drain well.
- To make the dipping sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small serving dish.
- To make the rolls: Place 1 rice sheet in warm water until just softened, remove from water place on clean, damp tea towel.
- Lay a lettuce leaf over the wrapper, top with 2 pieces of prawn horizontally, 3 mint leaves, a little persimmon, cucumber, rice vermicelli and 3 coriander leaves.
- Fold bottom of wrapper up over the filling, fold one side in, roll up tightly.
- Repeat process to make the remaining rolls. Keep rolls under a damp cloth while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Serve rolls with the dipping sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!