Pork with Pan-Tossed Pears and Spinach
Savoury spinach and sweet pears plus delicious herbs and mustard make this pork dish irressistable!
- 2 pcs Medium Green Pears (150 grams per pear)
- 30 g Raw Onion
- 1 Tbsp Minced Fresh Oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard Seed Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Flavored Cracked Peppercorns
- 600 g Pork Fillet, Trimmed of Fat and Cut into Medallions 3 to 4 cm Thick
- 6 g Olive Oil Spray
- 250 mL Salt-reduced Liquid Stock
- 200 g Spinach Leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC or 160ºC, for a fan-forced oven.
- Halve the pears and cut into 16 wedges. Combine the onion, oregano, mustard seed oil and peppercorns. Toss the pear wedges in the onion mixture.
- Lightly spray the pork with olive oil and seal in a hot non-stick frying pan. Place into a baking tray and cook for 8 to 10 minutes in the oven, or until the pork is firm (cooking time will depend on the thickness of your sliced pork).
- Re-heat the non-stick pan to medium. Tip the pear wedges into it and cook until lightly browned, turning often.
- To cook the spinach, heat the stock until boiling and then tip in the spinach leaves. Toss in the wok to cook - be aware that the spinach cooks very quickly.
- To serve, pile equal amounts of the spinach onto the centre of each plate. Top with equal amounts of pork. Also top with pear wedges or serve them to one side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!