Rich Brown Sauce
- 2 pcs Medium Chopped Onions
- 1 pc Middle Eye Bacon Rasher Chopped
- 2 pcs Medium Chopped Carrots
- 2 pcs Sticks Celery
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 3 cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 pc Beef Stock Cube
- 1 pc Bouquet Garni Sachet
- 1 Tbsp Mono/polyunsaturated Oil
- Sauté onion, bacon, carrot and celery in oil until slightly browned.
- Stir in flour; cook until flour is brown. Slowly add water stirring to obtain a smooth consistency.
- Add tomato paste, stock cubes and bouquet garni sachet. Simmer sauce very slowly for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Remove bouquet garni and blend or sieve through a strainer. Return sauce to pan and boil to reduce quantity if a very thick sauce is needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!