Cream of Mushroom Soup - Without the Cream
- 450 g Potatoes Peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 3 Tbsp Reduced Fat Margarine
- 2 pcs Large Carrots Chopped, 180g each
- 1 pc Large Onion Chopped, 180g
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 450 g Mushrooms with Stems Coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Dry Sherry
- 1 1/2 cup Low-fat Milk
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- In a large saucepan add potatoes and 3 cups water. Cook, covered, over medium-high heat until tender, about 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a large non stick frying pan melt margarine over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until barely tender, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sherry; cook for 1 minute. Remove 1-1/2 cup of the mushroom mixture; set aside.
- In a food processor place potatoes and remaining mushroom mixture from frying pan. Process until smooth. Pour into saucepan. Add milk, chicken stock, thyme, pepper and reserved 1-1/2 cup mushroom mixture. Simmer over medium-heat until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!