Satay Tofu & Vegetable
Tofu shows itself as a star ingredient, when accompanied by a piquant satay sauce.
- 350 g Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 pcs Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 pc Small Onion Diced
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 cup Low-fat Soy Milk or Dairy Milk
- 1/2 tsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1/2 cup Reserved Marinade
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 pc Carrot Sliced
- 1 pc Red Capsicum Sliced
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 1/2 cup Broccoli Florets
- Cut tofu into eight 1 cm thick small rectangles.
- For marinade: Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic and honey in a shallow dish. Place tofu in marinade and stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat half the oil in a frypan. Cook tofu until golden brown on both sides, set aside and keep warm.
- For satay sauce: Combine peanut butter, onion, vegetable stock, cumin, milk, curry powder, reserved marinade and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to the boil, reduce heat and simmer continuously for 5 minutes.
- Whilst sauce is simmering, heat remaining oil in the frypan. Stir-fry carrot, capsicum, snow peas and broccoli for 2 - 3 minutes. Add tofu to the frypan and pour satay sauce over the vegetables and tofu.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!