Mini Turkey Mince Patties in Pita Pockets
These pita pockets are not only tasty and easy to make, but high in calcium and fibre, low in carbs and diabetes-friendly!
- 250 g Fresh Turkey Mince
- 4 pcs Spring Onions Thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Pinch Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 5 g Fresh Coriander Leaves Finely chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Wholemeal Pita Pockets (67g each)
- 80 g Mixed Salad Leaves
- 2 pcs Italian Tomatoes Seeds removed, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Thick Greek-style Natural Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint Finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander Leaves Finely chopped
- 1 Pinch Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Combine turkey mince, spring onions, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, fresh coriander and lemon juice in a large bowl. Form tablespoonfuls of mixture into patties.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add half of patties and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Alternatively, cook patties in a non-stick grill, such as a George Foreman grill.
- Transfer cooked patties onto an oven tray lined with non-stick paper and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to the frying pan and cook remaining patties.
- Cut each pita bread in half and split open. Fill pockets with salad leaves, tomato and capsicum. Place 2 patties in each pocket and serve with a spoonful of yoghurt and herb dressing.
- To make yoghurt and herb dressing: Combine yoghurt, mint and coriander in a bowl. Season with pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!