Smoked Chicken Stuffed Capsicum
- 2 pcs Large Firm Capsicums
- 1 pc Smoked Chicken Breast Shredded
- 2 pcs Sticks Celery Diced
- 1 pc Small Onion Diced
- 1 cup Brown Rice Cooked
- 1 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 4 pcs Garlic Chives Chopped
- 3 pcs Springs of Fresh Oregano Thyme and/or sage (or to taste)
- 1 Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- Remove tops from capsicums, wash, deseed and submerge in boiling water for about 1-2 minutes. Refresh in cold water, and place on baking tray.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-heat and spray lightly with cooking spray. Saute onion and celery, add herbs, pepper and flour. Stirring, add enough chicken stock to thicken and provide a sauce the consistency of thick cream. Combine with the rice and shredded chicken.
- Fill capsicums and bake in a moderate oven for 25 minutes. Serve sprinkled with garlic chives.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!