Spicy Apricot Beans on Rice
- 250 g Dried Haricot Lima or butter beans
- 2 pcs Medium Onions Finely chopped
- 2 pcs cloves garlic Crushed
- 2 Tsp Finely Chopped Fresh Ginger
- 1 coating of olive oil spray
- 1 Tsp Pinch Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Chillies or Chilli Powder
- 3 pcs Medium Ripe Tomatoes Peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Mint
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 100 g Dried Apricots Chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups Hot, Cooked White Rice
- Place beans in a saucepan, cover with hot water, bring to boil and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and leave in liquid for 1 hour. Return to heat and cook gently until tender. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Spray a non-stick pan with the olive oil. Saute onions, garlic and ginger in the oil until soft. Add turmeric, chillies, tomatoes and mint, add beans, stir over gentle heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved liquid and cook gently until tomatoes are soft.
- Stir in garam masala, apricots and lemon juice, simmer for 7 minutes. Serve on cooked Sunwhite Calrose rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!