Spicy Tofu with Sweet and Sour Sauce
This easy vegetarian meal is low in calories but high in nutrients and full of flavour.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 500 g Firm Tofu, Dried and Cut Into Cubes
- 2 tsp Water
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, cayenne pepper, salt, garlic powder and tofu together. Spread tofu out on the prepared tray. Bake for 15 minutes, shaking after five minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sweet and sour sauce. In a small bowl, mix water and cornflour together to make a smooth paste.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, mix vinegar, brown sugar, tomato sauce, pineapple juice and soy sauce together. Stire the mixture constantly with a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves and mixture boils.
- Add cornflour and stir constantly until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve sweet and sour sauce in a bowl with hot tofu.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!