- 36 pcs Spring Roll Wrappers (12 x 12cm)
- 1/2 cup Cooked Rice Vermicelli (50g)
- 1 pc Medium Onion Finely chopped
- 1 pc Garlic Clove Crushed
- 7 pcs Fresh Mushrooms with Stalks Finely chopped (50g)
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Lite or Table Salt
- 300 g Lean Minced Veal
- 1/4 cup Spring Onions Finely chopped
- 1 cup Cabbage Finely chopped
- 2 tsp Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup Water (65ml)
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- Have on hand fresh spring roll wrappers. Keep covered so they won't dry out.
- Cook vermicelli by pouring boiling water over it and letting it stand for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine vermicelli, onion, garlic, mushrooms, black pepper, salt, veal, spring onions and cabbage in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Mix flour and water together to make a smooth paste to use in sealing the rolls.
- Place 1 good packed tablespoon of mixture on each wrapper. Moisten edges with flour and water mixture, fold in sides and roll and seal, turning the sealed edges to the underside.
- Continue to prepare and place on baking sheets. Allow space between rolls. Brush with oil and bake in a moderate oven until brown and crisp; about 40 minutes.
- Spring Rolls may be frozen and reheated in low oven for 20 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!